Over the years I have used both paid and free project management systems of all types. They all have the same issues: missing features and repetitive workflow. In the programming world if something is repetitive, one should be able to write code to remove it.
A Common workflow for project management.
- Create a quote.
- Create an invoice when the quote is accepted.
- Create the project in the project manager
- Create the milestones
- Create all of the tasks for the project
- Start work
Why should I have to rewrite the same information from a quote into an invoice, and then have to repeat those items in a written task list?
With e(Project) this repetition is virtually eliminated with tools that allow you to:
- Easily convert an accepted quote to an invoice.
- Convert items from an invoice into tasks within a project.
- Assign tasks to specific milestones within the project planning process.
Also, there is no need for subtasks. Ajax ToDo’s! are embedded just about everywhere.
Some of my favorite time-saving buttons in e(Project).
I realize I am a little bias about this system, but I am loving it.
From left to right
- Invoice/Quote PDF generator.
- Clone button to create copy of invoice, task, note. etc..
- Convert 2 Tasks is the button the converts an Invoices items to tasks
- The last, clone the invoice row.
These powerful buttons make project management so much easier, and we are just getting started.
You can see an in-depth view of the system on the Features page.